Koa Club Field Hockey (U12/U14/U16)
Koa's Club Field Hockey - Maryland and Washington DC
Ready to take your game to the next level? Koa’s Club Field Hockey team brings together a great group of like-minded, hard-working, and driven players who want to take their game to the next level. Club Field Hockey offers the same fun and exciting playing experience as our Rec League, but at a more competitive level and over the course of multiple seasons. Club Field Hockey is the best way to kick start your commitment to the sport while maintaining Koa’s central mission — having fun!
2017 Club and Development Team Tryout Information
- Saturday 11/05: Tryout Day #1 - First round of Tryouts.
- Sunday 11/06: Tryout Day #2 - Players will be informed on Saturday if they will be invited back to Day #2.
**If you are not selected for the Club Team, you can still be considered for and selected to the Winter Indoor Development Team.**
- u12: 9:00am - 10:45am
- u14: 11:00am - 12:45pm
- u16: 1:00pm - 2:45pm
- u19: 3:00pm - 4:30pm (*only 1 day of Tryouts)
- u16: 10:00am - 11:30am
- u12: 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- u14: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Where: Churchill High School (11300 Gainesborough Road, Potomac, MD 20854)
- Club Team: This is our most elite level field hockey program at Koa Sports! We currently offer a u12, u14 and u16 Club Team, with the hopes of adding a u19 Club Team in the near future! Our Club Team is a longer and more intense commitment than our Development Team. Our Club Teams practice 2x per week during their seasons and attend 3-4 Tournaments per season. The Tournaments can be located in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia or anywhere else we want to send the teams to get great competition!
- u12 and u14: 3 Season commitment (Winter Indoor, Spring Outdoor, Fall Outdoor)
- u16: 2 Season commitment (Winter Indoor, Spring Outdoor)
- Development Team: Our Development Teams were designed to bridge the gap between our Rec Leagues and our Club Teams! This team is for athletes who have prior field hockey playing experience, and who have hopes of trying out for the Club Team in the future! The Development Team is a single season commitment. They practice 1x per week during their season and will attend 3-4 Play Days each season. The Play Days are scheduled against other local club teams and are all located in the Bethesda and Northern Virginia area.
- u12 and u14: 1 Season commitment (we offer the following seasons: Winter Indoor, Spring Outdoor, Fall Outdoor)
- u16 and u19: 1 Season commitment (we offer the following seasons: Winter Indoor, Spring Outdoor)
- u12 and u14: Yearly fee of $2600. This can be paid over the course of the 3 seasons (December 2015-November 2016).
- u16: Yearly fee of $1800. This can be paid over the course of the 2 seasons (December 2015-May 2016).
** New uniforms and all practice and tournament entry fees are included in the price.
- u12: Must be under the age of 12 as of January 1, 2017.
- u14: Must be under the age of 14 as of January 1, 2017.
- u16: Must be under the age of 16 as of January 1, 2017.
- u19: Must be under the age of 19 as of January 1, 2017.
Koa does not currently offer a u19 Club Team option. However, it is a future goal of Koa to develop a u19 Club Program! We will be taking our first steps towards that goal, by offering a u19 Development Team option during the Winter and Spring season this year. Our Development Team will be a single season commitment. Players will have one weekday practice during the season, and will also be guaranteed 3-4 weekend Play Days versus other local Club Teams during the course of the season. For more information or to be placed on our u19 Development Team ‘Interest List,’ please contact Program Director Kelly Given: firstname.lastname@example.org
No sweat. Our u16 team will not have a fall season and our u14 fall season will run longer than her HS schedule. Also, there will still be a weekend practice each week that she’s able to attend. We want the girls to stick together as a team (through the winter and into the spring and fall), so we’re happy to help work around the HS schedule to keep the unit intact.
Please join us for our 2017 Tryouts in November 2016!
2017 Age Groups
U12: Must be under the age of 12 by January 1, 2017
U14: Must be under the age of 14 by January 1, 2017
U16: Must be under the age of 16 by January 1, 2017
U19: Must be under the age of 19 by January 1, 2017
Contact Program Director Kelly Given: email@example.com