Koa Fall Flag Football
Koa DMV Area Fall Flag Football
Koa’s Fall Flag Football League gives you more of the sport you love. More weekends of spinning, flag-pulling, touchdown-dancing FUN. Flag Football is one of the country’s fastest growing sports and Koa’s Fall Flag Football League is no exception. Each year more and more players come out to join in on the fun in our six week fall league and one action-packed bowl weekend!
Fall Flag Football Season:
- Who: K-HS Divisions
- $299/player (Saturday Flag Football Sessions for divisions 2nd- 8th grade)
- $299/player (Sunday Flag Football Sessions for divisions 2nd- 8th grade)
- $229/player (Sunday Flag Football Sessions for divisions Pre K- 1st grade)
- $179/player (Sunday Flag Football Sessions for high school divisions)
- When: 2021 Fall Weekend Games
- Minimum of 6 Games Per Team
- Saturdays (starting): 10/9/21
- Sundays (starting): 10/10/2021
- Practices and games on the same day–that means a one-day-per-week commitment. Each team practices for half an hour before playing an hour-long game slot.
- Where (location mix of):
- Charles E Smith Upper School (11710 Hunters Ln, Rockville, MD 20852)
- Churchill High School (11300 Gainsborough Rd, Potomac, MD)
- Silver Creek Middle School (3701 Saul Rd, Kensington, MD 20895)
- Luxmanor Elementary School (6201 Tilden Ln, Rockville, MD 20852)
Why Koa’s Fall Flag Football League:
Flag Football is the safest way to play America’s game! On top of that: It’s FUN.
Need we say more? Okay, but seriously, Flag Football with Koa is just plain fun. We like to measure success with smiling faces over here, and let’s just say: Flag Football is very successful! Flag Football is a high-action, high-adrenaline, fun-for-everyone sport. It’s one of those sports where everyone is always involved. Lining up on defense, spreading the field on offense, working out the play in the huddle…this game is for everyone.
Have more questions? Check the FAQ’s below:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Absolutely. During the registration process, simply list the players’ names in the “schedule/team preference” box. Or create a creative team-name and have all the players list that. We’ll make sure they all end up together. We do however limit the number of players on one team to 10.
Done deal. We have a huge number of “free-agents” each year and we’re more than happy to place them on a team with other kids their age. It’s a really inclusive environment and your child will fit in easily.
Yes, but we can’t guarantee a spot on that roster. We’re usually able to fill out parent coached teams and find a volunteer but that’s not always the case. In the event there aren’t enough players (or no parent volunteers), we’ll transfer you to a Koa-Coached team and ask you to pay the difference.
No. Saturday or Sunday (depending on your choice) is the only day of football and you’ll both practice and play in that time window
We rent fields from Montgomery County to play our games. If they close fields due to inclement weather, we will have to postpone games. Each season will have one make-up week at the end, if necessary.
NO. We’re absolutely committed to making flag football a positive environment for everyone to enjoy. This is NOT a league for parents to live through their children or take away from the kids’ experience.
For those curious about the rules, see our latest version of the Flag Football Rules
Counter-intuitively, yes. We set a registration date so we can make our operational plan for the summer. You can still sign up after the registration deadline, but you will be charged a late registration fee to cover the administrative costs of entering the player individually.
If you cancel your registration after the registration close date and find someone to take your spot, we’ll refund you 80% of the program cost in cash. If you cancel your registration after the registration close date and fail to find someone to take your spot, we’ll credit your Koa account with 80% of the cost.
Once the season is started, we only issue refunds under extremely extenuating circumstances.