The average American puts on 7-10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Let’s not be a statistic this year, let’s fight the urge to splurge in the next few weeks. I know there are tons of holiday parties with limitless buffets and desserts, but think about how you can curb the weight gain.
Here are some suggestions:
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier and put together a quick in-home workout before you head out to work. Something as simple as push-ups, lunges, and toe touches can go a long way.
- If you know you are going to consume tons of calories in the evening, pack a lunch and try to get a workout in during your lunch break.
- Be a designated driver — you could help a friend, but also save the empty calories of alcohol.
- Take the stairs at work (on your lunch hour try climbing a couple flights of stairs).
- Take a class at the gym. Who cares if spinning is new to you, put it on your calendar like it’s an important client meeting.
Enjoy celebrating the Holidays with friends, coworkers, neighbors, and your family. Please be safe and positive, and create a different New Year’s Resolution for 2014.