Flag Football Gaithersburg MD | Koa Sports
At Koa Sports, we offer flag football Gaithersburg MD families love. If you want to put your child in a sports league, you may want to give flag football a chance. This sport is great for kids of all ages and can provide them with hours of fun every week.
Flag football Gaithersburg MD offers is an excellent way to get your children involved in something fun, while teaching them important life skills. At Koa Sports we offer several different flag football leagues ranging from kindergarten all the way through high school. No matter the skill set or how much the individual knows about flag football, we are dedicating to teaching and helping kids develop or improve their skillset in a sportsmanlike manner. We believe in allowing shared playing time and the opportunity for kids in the neighborhood to come together and enjoy the great sport of flag football in Gaithersburg MD!
The Basic Rules
One of the goals at Koa Sports is to teach the community about flag football and to have fun! We strive to offer equal-opportunity for all players and the ability for each team member to play a number of different positions. To help the kids understand, coaches of flag football Gaithersburg MD has to offer, may suggest that the basic rules of the game include the following:
- The field is approximately 60-80 yards long and 20-30 yards wide with the end zones being 10 yards long.
- Unlike tackle football, in flag football there are no kickoffs. Instead, the winner of the coin toss starts with the ball on their five yard line. The team has three plays to cross the midfield. If the midfield is successfully crossed in three plays, the team will have another three plays to score a touchdown.
- Once the team is within five yards of a touchdown, they must use a passing play versus running the ball.
- There are two halves and each is approximately 10-25 minutes in length depending on the league.
- There is no blocking, kicking or fumbles.
Gaithersburg flag football offered at Koa Sports can teach your children these basic rules and help to build upon the fundamentals to make the game fun and enjoyable for everyone!
What Flag Football Can Provide
Other than learning about the exciting game of football, your child will also have the opportunity to develop important life skills. The coaches of flag football Gaithersburg MD has to offer can help kids in the community to learn about the game and their character. Typical benefits may include the following:
- Health Benefits: Just like any other sport, flag football has several different benefits that help keep your kid healthy. Flag football helps players to improve their speed, strength, hand-eye coordination, agility, and overall cardiovascular endurance. Flag football Gaithersburg MD offers at Koa Sports helps children learn the importance of staying active and how much fun playing a sport can be.
- Teamwork: Being a part of a team helps children become accustomed to working with others, a skill that is used in virtually every profession and is a huge aspect of everyday life.
- Sportsmanship: Despite what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, it is important to stay positive and shake the hands of the opposing team. At the end of each game the players have the opportunity to show integrity, humility, and respect despite winning or losing.
How to Get Involved
If you are searching for a fun way to get your child active, teach them about flag football and introduce them to important life lessons, then consider contacting us at (301) 229-7529. Koa Sports flag football Gaithersburg MD program offers the community a place of fun and excitement for children of all ages.
Benefits of Flag Football
As a parent, you likely want to find out more information about a sport before allowing your child to participate. Flag football in Gaithersburg MD is a safe sport for your child to play and offers several benefits, including:
There Is No Contact: If you are like many parents, you may hesitate to let your child play football because you are afraid that he will get hurt. However, flag football has rules that make it uniquely safe. It has the same concept of traditional football, but players do not have physical contact with each other. Instead, they pull a flag from a player’s body. With flag football, you will not have to worry about your child getting injured.
It Can Improve Self-Esteem: Many kids struggle with self-confidence nowadays. Playing a sport like flag football Gaithersburg MD has to offer, however, can improve your child’s self-esteem. After completing a game, your child may feel a sense of accomplishment for helping his teammates play a good game.
Your Child Can Maintain a Healthy Weight: One of the best ways for your child to maintain a healthy weight is to get plenty of physical activity. In flag football Gaithersburg MD can provide, your child can play for hours on the field every week and burn tons of calories. It will not even feel like exercise because your child will have so much fun on the field.
Your Child Can Build Leadership Skills: Playing sports is not just about winning and staying in good physical shape. It can also build leadership skills. If you have your child play flag football, he can build those skills. For example, if your child sees another teammate struggling playing the game, he can help that teammate play better. Having good leadership skills will come in handy when your child grows up and starts a career.
It Can Teach Discipline: Becoming good at a sport like Gaithersburg flag football takes a lot of practice, so your child will have to have discipline. Instead of watching TV or playing video games, your child will have to practice flag football to succeed.
It Can Improve Social Skills: Playing flag football Gaithersburg MD depends on can also improve your child’s social skills. He will have to communicate with teammates throughout practices and games. This can force your child to come out of his comfort zone and talk to people he doesn’t know very well — but he will also make friends in the process!